In this article, I will review the best roach sprays. Cockroach infestation in your house or compound can really be problematic if not attended.
Cockroaches contaminate foodstuff by biting and feeding on them. They even defecate on your kitchen wear, furniture, and bedding, thus messing them.
What Attracts cockroaches in your home? Cockroaches may be attracted in your Home by some of the following things:
- Free Access to plenty of dirty dishes, improperly stored food, and water.
- A lot of rubbish and dirty house/room (Poor sanitary conditions).
- Improper housing.
- In places like hot showers, kitchen, and leaking pipes.
- Stationaries such as unkempt books and papers.
Read Also: Do Bed Bugs Jump?
Reviews: Top 7 Best Roach Sprays for 2023
1. Ortho 0196410 Cockroach Spray – #1 Pick
Ortho 0196410 is a fast-acting cockroach killer that will eliminates cockroach intrusion in a couple of minutes.
The Product kills on contact. The non-staining formula makes Ortho usable on varieties of non-porous surfaces.
You can control Cockroaches for up to 12 months with one can of Ortho. This product is Odorless and will not cause irritation to you and your humans during use.
Ortho home defense pray is ready to use for both indoors and outdoors cockroach killing. It can also inhibit bug infestations.
Ortho spray is able to eliminate more than 130 insect species, among them include spiders, ants, fleas, millipedes, earwigs, house centipedes, and Home invading bugs.
This product is easier to use and apply. You simply press the spray button and aim to the intrusion of cockroaches – the instant poisonous spray will kill available roaches and repel any future infestation.
Ortho home defense is very affordable. For indoor use, spray in the bathroom – floor & walls, crevices, kitchen cabinets, decks, windows, doors, and basement.
Ortho is re-usable and long-lasting. You will not need to bend, pump, or cause hand fatigue during application.
- Long-lasting – 12 months use.
- Quick action – kills on contact.
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors.
- Can inhibit/repel other home insects.
- Do not irritate your skin.
- Unsuitable for the porous surface.
- Dangerous for pets and children.
Read Also: Can Bed Bugs Get in Your Hair?
2. Raid Max Cockroach Spray – # 2 Pick
Raid Max is our top cockroach spray. The effective formula in Raid spray pesticide is the synthetic pyrethroids, which affect the cockroach nervous system – this helps kill intrusion of cockroaches on contact.
Raid Max leaves behind a residual action that lasts for six months. The Quick-acting product can kill cockroaches in your place within 5 minutes – just like freezing.
The Raid Max Spray is easier to use and apply. The Plastic nozzle is well designed to allow point application in hard to reach areas such as crevices and cracks.
The product is multi-purpose. It can also be used to eliminate other insects/animals such as crickets, spiders, ants, waterbus, or silverfish.
With Raid Max Spray, you can cover a large area in a few minutes (time-saving) due to its two-ways spray options.
Raid Max Spray has a fantastic slim spray option that allows deep penetration to cockroaches hideouts. This product is too highly rated in the current market due to its unparalleled killing efficiency. Moreover, Raid Max is affordable. The product is shipped in a 6-bottle package.
You can use Raid Max indoors or outdoors. Its mixture has a nice fragrance; thus, it won’t irritate you during use.
- Quick-acting – kills on contact.
- Effective – kills in less than 5 minutes.
- Easier to use.
- Does not irritate your skin.
- Long-lasting – 6 months of residual effects.
- Point application.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Has a pleasant fragrance.
- Can kill crickets, spiders, ants & water bugs too.
- Highly Flammable.
- Has Poisonous chemical that may affect pets and kids.
3. Wondercide Natural Indoor Pest Control Spray
Wondercide is a naturally derived alternative to a chemical product suitable for killing the entire cockroach intrusion.
This product is best for indoor cockroach treatment. It repels and kills crawling, flying, and stinging insects such as cockroaches, spiders, wasps, flies, mosquitoes, and moths on contact. It can also kill carpet beetles, palmetto, water bugs, scorpions, and ticks.
Wondercide is quick-acting. It will kill the entire lifecycle of cockroaches in a couple of minutes. This spray is safe for humans and pets. It will not cause skin irritation or discomfort on contact.
It has four credible scents assorted from cedar, rosemary, peppermint, and lemongrass. These altogether leave behind aromatherapeutic fragrances in your room during the auction.
Wondercide is best when used on carpet, furniture, floor, cracks, and bedding. It eliminates eggs, larvae, and adult cockroaches completely.
It is efficient to use Wondercide. A 32 Oz bottle can treat up to 400 square feet – this saves on monies (economic).
Wondercide also helps in inhibiting the future infestation of cockroaches and other Home invading insects.
The product is environment friendly. It contains no harmful chemical or artificial colors.
- No harmful chemical/No pollution.
- Has aromatherapeutic fragrances.
- No skin irritation on contact.
- Safe and simple to use.
- Kills a variety of insects.
- Point application.
- Purely Natural.
- No residual protection is available.
- Requires regular application.
Related: Best Roach Killer
4. Hot Shot Cockroach Spray
Hot Shot is an instant Cockroach killer. The spray is able to eliminate the entire lifecycle of the cockroach and the germs left behind.
Hot Shot Spray is quick-acting. It kills on contact within a couple of seconds after application. The killing power of Hot Shot remains effective for three months on single-use.
The product is best when used (suitable) on non-porous surfaces. You will treat your indoors and outdoors (against cockroach intrusion) efficiently with Hot Shot without having any cockroach escaping death. To achieve this, apply beneath & around appliances, beneath & around baseboards, behind the sinks; then, allow the killing power to work.
Hot Shot has a fresh floral smell that does not irritate the user and fills the room during action time.
The easy to use an aerosol spray can eliminate spiders (except brown recluse spider), ants (excluding pharaoh ants and fire ants), crickets, water bugs, fleas, stinkbugs, and firebrats.
Hot Shot spray effectively penetrates cockroach hideouts due to its regulated Oz pressure. The ergonomically designed nozzle of Hot Shot enables easy point application.
The product has no residual sanitizer. Hotshot eliminates and reduces 99.9% of germs associated and caused by cockroaches in your home or compound.
- Long-Lasting – 3 months of action.
- Has Floral scent.
- Kills on contact.
- Deep penetration.
- Easier and safe to use.
- Kills germs caused by cockroaches.
- No irritation.
- Kills a variety of insects.
- It can affect pets and children.
- Kills on contact only.
Read Also: Yard Spray for Ticks Reviewed
5. Combat Max Cockroach Spray
Combat Max Spray is a cockroach and ant killer that works on contact. The micro-foam released during the pray action is able to expand continuously, enclosing the hard to reach areas – in turn suffocating the cockroaches right in their hideouts.
Combat Max is quick-acting. The combat’s foam killing technology will eliminate cockroach intrusion in a couple of minutes on a single application. The can comes in a 17.5-Ounce package – suitable for multiple uses.
This product does not stain your furniture or beddings during use. It dries invisibly after a few minutes on the application.
Combat Max does not cause skin irritation to you and your humans during use. It leaves a pretty smell during action time in your room/house.
This product is long-lasting. You can use Combat Max for up to 10 months. The aerosol spray comes with an easy to use nozzle, which enables point application.
Combat Max Spray is readily available and affordable. You will also kill other insects such as ants with this product – they feed on the foam/gel remnants and die.
- Effective –kills entire intrusion.
- No skin irritation.
- Affordable – $5
- Easy and safe to use.
- It also kills ants.
- Doesn’t stain your items.
- Kill on contact.
- Deep penetration.
- They are used on a non-porous surface only.
- May form foam residuals.
- May not prevent re-infestation entirely.
Read Also: Snake Repellent for Yard
6. Bengal Roach Killer – Kill Whole Population
Bengal is an exclusive propellant that will kill the entire cockroach intrusion in your house, office, or compound. It is designed to break the life cycle of the cockroaches, eventually eliminating them.
Nylar found in this aerosol spray is a powerful ingredient that prevents further reproduction of cockroaches. Bengal Gold Roach Spray has permethrin that helps kill the entire lifecycle of roaches.
This is quick-acting. It will kill multiple cockroaches in a couple of seconds on contact. In addition, Bengal will inhibit the hatching of eggs and further re-infestation of cockroaches.
The product is long-lasting. One package can be used to treat your Home against cockroaches for up to 6 months.
The dry penetrating formula used in the Bengal Gold Roach propellant does not stain your furniture, beddings, or appliances during use. It does not have any sticky residue.
The well-designed Bengal’s nozzle enables point application.
The product is easier and safe to use. It will not irritate your skin on contact.
Bengal Gold Roach Spray is odorless and will leave a pleasant scent while in action.
- Quick Acting.
- Long-Lasting – treats for up to 6 months.
- No skin irritation.
- Point application enabled.
- Inhibits eggs hatching.
- Has the Nylar component.
- Does not stain your items.
- It can also kill spiders, ants, flea, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- Prevents cockroach Re-infestation & Reproduction.
- Not safe for children and pets.
- It can irritate your nasal canals.
- May not kill all cockroaches.
Read Also: Flea Spray For Yard Reviewed
7. Home Pest Repellent Spray
The Home Pest Repellent spray is a naturally derived spray that is suitable for killing adult cockroaches and their eggs.
The USA made product is fast-acting. It is able to kill cockroaches on contact. It can also be used to kill other insects such as ants, spiders, earwigs, fleas, mites, or stink bugs in your house or compound.
The Home Pest Repellent spray contains a relatively long-lasting residual effect of 1 to 2 weeks before re-application.
The 32 Ounce Oz spray comes with a well-designed nozzle that allows point application. It has an effective penetration to cockroach hideouts within seconds.
The Home Pest Repellent spray uses natural ingredients and essential oils such as Yeast, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (5.3%), Water (92%), Geranium oil (3%), Ethyl Lactate, Citric Acid, and 2% of Peppermint oil. These are naturally blended in the proper ratio to kill massive cockroach infestation.
The Home Pest Repellent spray is easier and safe to use. Simply unseal the cover and press the nozzle button gently – the natural solution will be ejected simultaneously. It will not cause discomfort to your humans and pets.
This product leaves behind a nice smell during the action. It will not irritate your skin on contact.
Colton’s Household Pest Repellant will keep off any cockroach and other insects from your house and also inhibit their future infestation.
The Home Pest Repellent spray is environmentally friendly. It does not contain any harmful chemicals. You can use it on cabinets, doorways, sinks, appliance, or any other cockroach hideouts.
- No pollution.
- Safe and easier to use.
- Nice smell.
- Kills a variety of insects.
- Point application.
- Not for consumption.
- I reapplied regularly.
- Avoid direct eye contact.
Related: Why Do Cockroaches Come Out at Night
What damage can Roaches Cause in your Home?
Cockroaches can cause several problems if they infest in your Home. Some of them include:
- Food Contamination. Cockroaches step on food, feed, and defecate on them. They will move to other fresh foodstuff leaving hair and dead skin, thus causing contamination.
- Food Poisoning – the Cockroaches eat raw food, exposing them to micro-organisms that cause food poisoning. They can also attack your cooked food making it get sour. Research shows that food poisoning has highly been associated with cockroaches. Cockroaches also aid in carrying the bacterium Salmonella that can cause typhoid.
- Saliva content secreted on your skin by cockroaches as they crawl hundreds of allergens. This can trigger skin reactions or eye irritations.
- Cockroach bites. A large infestation of cockroach may attack you while sleep (like bedbugs). They bite and leave behind swellings. Though this may be rare, some species of cockroaches are known to bite the nails, fingers, and skin.
- Cockroaches are known to cause asthma due to the allergen that is found in their secretion (saliva). They also help in spreading asthma among people within your Home – an asthmatic person may generate asthma by inhaling cockroach allergens.
- Cause disturbance. The intrusion of Cockroaches moves around in the house, causing discomfort and disorders.
Related: Do Cockroaches Eat Bed Bugs?
Other Alternative Ways of Killing Cockroaches in Your Home?
Apart from sprays, the following are other alternatives to kill cockroaches.
1. Using Traps.
These are box-like structures that have poisonous baits inside. Once the cockroaches get in, they are trapped or feed on the bait and die.
2. Using Cockroach Professional or Examinator.
These are trained personnel that has special skills in how to eliminate cockroaches. This is the best option, especially when the cockroaches are so many.
3. Using mechanical ways.
In this method, you can freeze the cockroach-infested items. This is possible during winter, where you can place the items outside and allow the cold to kill the cockroaches and their eggs.
4. Using Special Chalk.
This chalk is manufactured with cockroach killing ingredients. You will draw lines, using chalk, on the wall, floor, or cockroach hideouts. Then, once the cockroaches pass these lines, they get killed by the chemicals.
How to Prevent Cockroaches Attacks
You can prevent a cockroach infestation in your Home by any of the following ways:
- Washing dishes as soon as you finish eating.
- Put stored food in a proper place or sealed container.
- Inspect your luggage several after travel.
- Always repair Leaking pipes.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the walls or openings on the doors and windows.
- Keep the dustbin/garbage tightly closed.
- Cut off any flowers or branches touching the windows or doors.
A cockroach infestation can lead to problems such as food contaminations & poisoning, allergies, discomfort, and frequent disturbances. You can use some of the sprays reviewed in this article to kill cockroach intrusion in your place.
It is important to read instructions on the labels to align the suitability of an individual spray. You can also opt for the alternative cockroach elimination methods highlighted above.